Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kole's Happy Birthday

I'm finally posting some pics from Koles birthday party. He was so fun at his party because he got really excited about everything. He loved the blue frosting from his cake (which doesn't look impressive but I made it myself and coming from me it is VERY impressive), loved to open his presents, and loved the way the clippers felt on the back of his head for his first haircut!

This is the after picture from his first haircut. You can't see it very well but it turned out pretty good! He kept laughing and closing his eyes all funny everytime we cut used the clippers on the back part.

We were all sitting around talking and all of a sudden Kole was on top of the coffee table where all the presents were. He was ready to get the show on the road! We also celebrated my big 25 which is why there are so many presents!

He has been really in to eating with utensils lately so he really dug in when we gave him a spoon.

Loving the blue frosting!
My first go at a decorative cake. It took way to long and really wore on my patience but was worth it in the end!




3 comments:

Josh and Hil said...

awesome cake!! I'm impressed amamda. your hair looks darker so I'm thinking maybe you colored it again?! looks super cute though. Kole's church clothes are so adorable!! he's just so much fun and so cute. We also saw Yes Man and thought it was pretty dang funny except for a couple of parts.

nurseheather said...

great job on the cake - i remember i attempted 1 for mattea's second birthday. it was an elmo face. yikes. won't be doing that anytime soon but i felt compelled to try one. my philosphy is this... store bought cakes are truly better than mom's cakes! good job though. you did great

The South Pasadena Dornys said...

LOVE the cake! Happy Birthday Kole! We went private. Email me at ddorny73@gmail.com and I'll add you to our list. Debbie