Thursday, July 24, 2008

A WWII Soldiers Letters

I was looking on Becca's blog and she had posted the web site that my cousin, Curt, has been working on. He has some of my Grandpa Bingham's letters to his parents while he was in basic training and some from when he was actually in the war. He also has some great pictures of Grandpa. I was never able to meet Grandpa because he died at a young age of a heart attack, but I have heard some great stories. After reading these letters and knowing how much he sacrified to serve his country, I am so much more grateful for him and the thousands of men and women who serve our country everyday. I am sure that there isn't a single person serving our country who hasn't sacrificed something great to be serving. I am so thankful for Curt and Aunt Cilla who have done so much research and family history so that I can know my Grandpa a little better.

2 comments:

Becca Gilbert said...

Manda- isn't it so fun getting to know him better? I have thoroughly enjoyed it! I can't wait to learn more! Mom and I really want to keep everybody informed of everything we learn! It has been so exciting to me to see how excited every body is about all of this new stuff that has come up about Grandpa! We have such an amazing family! I bet Grandma and Grandpa are so happy seeing all of their grandkids doing so well, and being so interested in their lives!

Grandma is probably bragging to everybody that she has the best Grandkids! :) She always was proud of us!

Jason and Stacy Bingham said...

Amanda,
That is really awsome about Grandpa B. i love the pictures of Kole. He is pretty cute. Keep us updated on any new findings of Grandpa. I know Jason likes hearing about his Grandpa.
Stacy